- This event has passed.
Picking The Right Path: Guidance In Choosing The Best Level Of Care For Your Eating Disorder Patients
June 2, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Restrictive eating disorders present unique challenges to their treatment providers given the overlap in complex psychological symptoms and medical complications. This presentation is designed to assist therapists, counselors, and other behavioral health professionals in determining the best level of care for their clients’ needs. Special considerations for taking a family-centered approach and working through common concerns with families will be highlighted.
- Describe DSM-V diagnostic criteria for restrictive eating disorders
- Differentiate between levels of care for restrictive eating disorders
- Outline gold standard recommendations for level of care based on mental and medical health symptoms
- Implement decision tree approach to determining level of care options
- Demonstrate appropriate language and family centered approach to discussing and deciding on level of care options.
This will be a virtual event held on Zoom.