- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to Houston Eating Disorders Specialists › Forums › Houston Eating Disorders Specialists Forum › 2-Day Training: Integrating a Sensory-Trauma Model into Eating Disorders Healing
Hi! Kathy Gray and I will be holding a 2-day professionals’ training in May that will take a deeper dive into sensory and trauma tools for eating disorders healing. Please see below for more details or visit our website.
Integrating a Sensory-Trauma Model in Eating Disorders Healing: May 21st and 22nd from 9am-2:30p. 10 CEU’s available. Cost is $350. Please visit our website for more information or register today!
This workshop will provide an in-depth look at sensory processing and EMDR and how these approaches can be incorporated into eating disorders care. Examine how the brain is impacted by sensory processing issues and trauma and how the use of EMDR and sensory techniques can help bring balance to various parts of the brain. Through experiential exercises, learn sensory tools and techniques that can be utilized immediately with clients. The discussion will elaborate on the importance for all disciplines to develop sensory awareness to support unity and alignment among the treatment team. Applications for various disciplines will be reviewed.
1) Identify and explore sensory processing and EMDR and how they impact the brain, behavior, and emotions.
2) Utilize experiential exercises to learn to incorporate sensory skills with EMDR into the eating disorders practice.
3) Learn how EMDR and sensory therapies benefit eating disorders healing through enhanced interdisciplinary collaboration.
Houston Eating Disorder Specialists offers our members excellent education and training, collaboration and consultation. Join our professional community today.
Join us for our bi-monthly meetings for professional networking opportunities, the latest information of patient support, and opportunities for involvement in the HEDS community by joining HEDS committees.
Looking for an Eating Disorder Specialist in Houston? You are at the right place. Our network of specialists are here to help you cope with your eating disorder.