Welcome to Houston Eating Disorders Specialists › Forums › Houston Eating Disorders Specialists Forum › Job Posting: Seeking Eating Disorder Clinician-Houston
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by Greta Gleissner.
December 17, 2016 at 5:55 pm #1528Greta GleissnerParticipant
Seeking Eating Disorder Clinician – Houston
Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists (EDRS), a nationwide transitional and aftercare eating disorder recovery support program, is seeking an Eating Disorder Clinical Coach for its fast growing operation in Houston. EDRS provides supplemental meal support, skills-based coaching, therapeutic exposures, and in-home cooking to clients who struggle with eating disorders. This is a per diem position, with opportunities to grow to a part-time or full-time position.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Meeting with individuals in their homes, college campuses, and/or restaurants to provide meal support.
2. Engaging in therapeutic exposures and skills-based interventions with clients in their homes and communities.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
1. Skilled at developing and maintaining therapeutic boundaries.
2. Enthusiasm for working with those struggling with eating disorders.
3. Ability to model normalized, intuitive eating behaviors.
4. Adept at communicating effectively through a variety of mediums (electronic, phone, & in-person).
5. Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage one’s time efficiently while performing a range of tasks.
6. Proactive and able to reliably work remotely.
This is a per diem position that will be performed remotely, with required attendance at regular meetings via videoconference and communication with EDRS management staff, which are based in New York City. Applicants must be available to work a combination of day, evening, and weekend hours. A graduate-level degree in a mental health related field (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LP, etc.), or training and certification as a Registered Dietitian (RD) is required for this position. At least one year of experience providing meal support to clients with eating disorders or a background working within an eating disorders treatment program is highly desirable.
The selected candidate will receive competitive pay. For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to Greta Gleissner at [email protected]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.