Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

Nicole Garber relocating to Rosewood

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jana Rosenbaum
    Participant

Hello Colleagues,

Congratulations to our own Nicole Garber, who has been named Chief of Pediatric and Adolescent Eating Disorders at The Rosewood Centers! I’ve attached the official annoouncement below. Good luck, Nicole!

ROSEWOOD CENTERS FOR EATING DISORDERS® NAMES NICOLE GARBER M.D. CHIEF OF PEDIATRIC AND ADOLESCENT EATING DISORDERS

Double Board Certified Psychiatrist Returns to Arizona to Serve Children & Teens Suffering from Eating Disorders

TEMPE, AZ (May 11, 2015) – The Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders®, the nation’s leader in treating anorexia, bulimia and the spectrum of eating disorders, welcomes psychiatrist Nicole Garber, M.D., as Chief of Pediatric and Adolescent Eating Disorders. Dr. Nicole Garber is one of the few pediatric and adolescent eating disorders experts who is dual board-certified in General Psychiatry and in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She brings a wealth of experience as a staff psychiatrist for young adults ages 18 to 30 who have struggled with launching into adulthood.
    “I’m extremely excited to have Dr. Nicole Garber become a member of our adolescent treatment team, Dr. Garber comes with years of experience treating adolescents with eating disorders, developing programs and educating professionals on a national level on the treatment of eating disorders. Dr. Garber will be a key member in development and expansion our adolescent scope of service,” says Lee Neagle, MA, Executive Director, Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders®.
    “I appreciate the expertise and experience Dr. Nicole Garber brings to Rosewood. Dr. Garber not only provides exceptional psychiatric care and medication management but is also trained and experienced in working in program development, individual and group therapy, and family work. She will be a valued team member at our adolescent program,” adds Dena Cabrera, PsyD, CEDS, Clinical Director, Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders®.

“The Rosewood Centers have made a significant addition to their senior clinical/administrative staff. Dr. Nicole Garber, a board certified child/adolescent psychiatrist with clear expertise in adolescent eating disorders and numerous evidenced-based psychotherapies, will be a fantastic Director of Adolescent Eating Disorders, ” adds David Baron, MSEd, D.O., Professor and Vice Chair, Chief of Psychiatry, Keck Hospital of University of Southern California.

Most recently, Dr. Garber treated adolescents at the prestigious Menninger Clinic while also serving as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry with Baylor University College of Medicine, located in Texas. She led the Menninger Clinic’s inpatient treatment team as well as providing individual therapy for patients on other units. Dr. Garber also led therapeutic body image groups along with DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) groups. Prior, she worked with clients in the Juvenile Justice Unit at the Harris County Psychiatric Center while on faculty as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Houston.

“My passions include providing comprehensive treatment for eating disorders including medical management, family therapy, individual and group therapy. I’m especially interested in treating borderline personality disorder and decreasing stigma around this illness. Equally, I endorse psychotherapy and have completed training in DBT, ACT, TF-CBT and currently studying adolescent analysis in a psychoanalytic fellowship,” explains Dr. Garber.

A graduate of the Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Dr. Garber completed her psychiatric residency at Emory University School of Medicine followed by child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at Baylor University College of Medicine. Reared in Arizona, Dr. Garber is glad to return to her home state to continue her career. A marathon runner, she also enjoys hiking, reading and being with friends and family. To learn more visit nicolegarbermd.com.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.