Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

Dietician needed for Type 1 diabetic with BED

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christina Kontos
    Participant

I should know this, but I’m blanking… I need a dietician for a 12 year old girl with Type 1 diabetes and the beginning of BED.

Thank you!!

Moe Schlachter
    Participant

Hello Christina,

Thank you for posting! I am Anastasia, one of the dietitians from Houston Family Nutrition. We would be more than happy  to help this client.

Our team of dietitians at HFN/NBT have helped several clients who suffered from an eating disorder. We work with our clients to improve their perception of body image, heal their relationship with food, and all other aspects of the eating disorder. Our process is to evaluate the client’s level of care to ensure they are provided with the appropriate care for the client’s needs, and help the client build a team to coordinate their care for success. I am happy to answer any questions you or the client may have about our services and help get the client set up with an appointment to get the client started.

If the client is in-network with either BlueCross BlueShield or Aetna insurance, our sister clinic, Nutrition Behavior Therapy, accepts these plans. Please let me know if the client is in-network with either of those and I can send you more info on insurance coverage options for nutrition services.

Our appointments start with a 75-min assessment with a registered dietitian where we will come up with a personalized plan that matches the client’s needs, interests, and goals for nutrition. From there, you can schedule as many 45-min follow-up appointments as you’d like. The 75-min assessment is $250 (virtual) and $285 (in person) and the follow-up appointments are $150 (virtual) and $165 (in person). We currently offer appointments on all weekdays (M-F). Let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions.

Best,

Anastasia Le, MS, RDN, LD

Sara Helms
    Participant

Hi Christina,

Nourish has a team of over 40 dietitians that can work with this patient virtually.  We see patients as young as five diagnosed with every major medical condition and/or mental health diagnosis AND are in-network with major insurance carriers :). Our website is http://www.usenourish.com for additional information or to make a referral.

Thanks so much,

Sara Helms, Director of Provider Relations

(512) 417-6289

Cassie Menn
    Participant

Hi Christina,

Looks like there are some great resources already. For your consideration: Nikki Estep also is very good. She’s with Mindful Eats nutrition. Link /contact here.

Warm regards,
    Cassie Menn

Moe Schlachter
    Participant

Hello,

I would also like to add that Nutrition Behavior Therapy accepts Aetna and BCBSTX and staffs CDECESs with experience treating ED at all levels of care. Thank you!

Best,

Anastasia Le, MS, RDN, LD

Nikki Estep
    Participant

Hey Christina!

I specialize in eating disorders and diabetes (type 1 and type 2) and would be a good fit or Lauren Newman is also really excellent with this niche and has devoted her entire practice to treating those with both diabetes and eating disorders.  Her contact is here: https://www.laurennewmanrd.com/.

Best,

Nikki

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.