Welcome to Houston Eating Disorders Specialists › Forums › Houston Eating Disorders Specialists Forum › Houston Group Psychotherapy Society 2023 Institute (Conference)
Tagged: conference, Continuing Education, groups, psychotherapy
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by Heather Murphy.
March 27, 2023 at 7:20 pm #3572Heather MurphyParticipant
The HGPS 2023 Institute Registration is now open: https://hgps.org/2023-institute/
Please join the Houston Group Psychotherapy Society for a 2.5 day in-person and virtual hybrid Institute on April 27-29, 2023!
The Ethics Presentation with Archandria Owens, PhD, Licensed Psychotherapist/Racial Equity Consultant, will be held virtually via Zoom on Thursday, April 27. Both in-person and live streaming options will be available for the Keynote Presentation with Daisy Reese, LCSW, and Peter Cole, LCSW, as well as the breakout groups on April 28-29.
Participants can create their own Institute experience by selecting the presentations and/or breakout sessions they wish to attend “a la carte” style. Please indicate on the registration form whether you will be participating in-person or virtually. Reminders with links will be emailed to participants joining us virtually. Lunch will be provided to participants joining us in-person on Friday and Saturday and is included in the registration cost. We will meet in-person at the Norris Conference Centers – Houston Westchase located at 9990 Richmond Ave., Suite 102, Houston, TX 77042.
Up to 15 Continuing Education hours* are available for Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, LPC, and CGP licenses/certifications, including 3 ethics hours. Clinicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the Institute.
What makes the Institute unique:
- One of the only local organizations that focuses solely on group psychotherapy training
- Attendees get the opportunity to participate in process/experiential groups. There will be 8 groups: 4 didactic, 4 process/experiential. Of the 8, two will be virtual.
- Attendees can customize their Institute experience by selecting “a la carte” style which presentations they want to participate in
- It’s a hybrid training! Attendees can be located anywhere in the US and CEUs are available to anyone located in Texas.
- Ethics + 2-day Institute: $11.67/CE hr for students,$26/CE hr for members, and $29.33/CE hr for non-members.
- FYI – HGPS is offering a 1 year free membership to POC professionals, which will get them the member pricing.
More information on the institute and registration: https://hgps.org/2023-institute/
Follow HGPS’s Facebook for all the up-to-date information: https://www.facebook.com/houstongrouppsychotherapysociety
Some of the breakout groups:
- Terry Fassihi & Janice Poplack: Empowering Parents with a multi-family group
- Jennifer Tucker with Morgans Helping Hands: Group Psychotherapy with Neurodivergent Clients
- Richard Newman & Andrew Kreiger: Psychodynamic process group with CBT
- Dan Workman & Paul Caluscos: Creative Informed Psychodynamic Training
- Jana Rosenbaum & Sue Barnum: Psychodrama
- Melissa Beason-Smith & Paul Lephouc: Interpersonal Process Group
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.