Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

Make Peace with Food 12-Week Program

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Eddins
    Participant

I wanted to let you know I have space available in the upcoming Make Peace with Food program. Feel free to share with anyone who could benefit from creating a mindful relationship with food.

This program is helpful for anyone who has struggled with overeating, binge eating, yo-yo dieting, food worry, restrict-overeat cycle, or feels uncomfortable with their relationship with food and body.

The group is ideal for anyone who:

-“Knows” nutritional self-care, but finds it difficult to implement
    -Is thinking of or have had weight loss surgery
    -Fears overeating and/or deprivation/restriction
    -Finds it difficult to set boundaries around food
    -Feels numb or overwhelmed by emotions
    -Engages in rebellious eating or eats “at” someone or something
    -Has a history of yo-yo dieting
    -Eat when not hungry or beyond full
    -Feels “addicted” to particular foods
    -Feels sad, guilty or disappointed about your body and self image
    -Struggles with feelings of worth
    -Engages in emotion driven eating some of the time (boredom, procrastination, boosting your energy, etc)
    -Thinks about food often
    -Was put on a diet or experienced body shame at a young age

Through the program clients will learn how to balance emotional hunger and physical imbalances that contribute to emotion driven eating. This is a compassionate mind-body approach, which focuses on learning skills such as:

-research based strategies to help you change habits and increase mindful eating
    -intuitive eating
    -working with your inner critic
    -coping with physical and emotional cravings
    -identifying needs and increasing pleasure without using food
    -increasing a healthy relationship with food, body & self
    -learning emotion coping skills
    -practicing self-connection
    -filling emptiness through letting go, creating purpose and meaning and              -nourishing connections

What participants have shared:

“It has been so helpful to realize that this is about so much more than my body. Experiencing others (with a variety of body types) struggling with the same issues as me was so helpful.”

“I’ve been in pain nearly my entire life because of my struggle with food and the experiences and emotions that led me to abuse it. Being overweight and turning to food to soothe myself have colored every aspect of my life: how I handled my relationships with people, my choices of friends and lovers, career choices, how I dressed, the homes I’ve had and the condition in which I kept them, what I thought of myself as a person, my expectations of others…just everything. The more I think about it the sadder I feel. But, it’s a sadness for what was, not for what has to be my future. I don’t have the right words to thank you for offering a program that relieved me of that struggle. Just know that I am truly grateful.”

“The skills I’ve learned in the group I’ve applied to many areas of my life – in my hobbies, activities, and finding joy in movement. It’s bearing so much fruit in my life. I’ve continued to use the tools to help me through the holidays and it’s been so helpful to me. Thank you for investing so much in helping me through this.”

Details:

Feel free to email admin@eddinscounseling.com or call 832-559-2622 for more information.

Register: http://eddinscounseling.com/make-peace-with-food-group-program/

Time/Date: Tuesdays 11:30-1pm starting March 19th

Length of program: 12 weeks

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.