Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

Make Peace with Food Group Starting April 12th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Eddins
    Participant

The Make Peace with Food Group is helpful for anyone who has struggled with compulsive eating/overeating, binge eating, dieting, food worry, or feels uncomfortable with their relationship with food and body. Feel free to forward to someone you know who might be interested.

This is for you if you want to learn:
    – how to stop obsessing over food
    – how to cope with urges and cravings
    – how to eat and move in response to your body’s needs most of the time
    – how to identify factors that contribute to out of control eating – they may not be what you think!
    – how to have a positive relationship with food and body
    – how to be kinder to yourself in all areas of life
    – how to cope with distressing emotions without using food

This program is about compassionately healing your relationship with food, body, and yourself, from within. Our relationship with food is complex. We’ll work through multiple layers that can impact our relationship with food so that you can finally break free of the body-hatred, dieting trap and step into your life in a different way.

What participants have shared:

“It has been so helpful to realize that this is about so much more than my body. Experiencing others (with a variety of body types) struggling with the same issues as me was so helpful.”

“I’ve been in pain nearly my entire life because of my struggle with food and the experiences and emotions that led me to abuse it. Being overweight and turning to food to soothe myself have colored every aspect of my life: how I handled my relationships with people, my choices of friends and lovers, career choices, how I dressed, the homes I’ve had and the condition in which I kept them, what I thought of myself as a person, my expectations of others…just everything. The more I think about it the sadder I feel. But, it’s a sadness for what was, not for what has to be my future. I don’t have the right words to thank you for offering a program that relieved me of that struggle. Just know that I am truly grateful.”

“The skills I’ve learned in the group I’ve applied to many areas of my life – in my hobbies, activities, and finding joy in movement. It’s bearing so much fruit in my life. I’ve continued to use the tools to help me through the holidays and it’s been so helpful to me. Thank you for investing so much in helping me through this.”

Details:

Feel free to email admin@eddinscounseling.com or call 832-559-2622 for more information.

Register: http://eddinscounseling.com/make-peace-with-food-group-program/

Time/Date: Tuesdays 11:30-1pm starting April 12th.

Length of group: 12 weeks

Thank you,

Rachel Eddins, M.Ed., LPC-S, CGP
    Licensed Professional Counselor
    1501 Crocker Street | Houston, TX 77019
    P: 832-209-2222
    rachel@eddinscounseling.com | http://www.eddinscounseling.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.