Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

Movement Support and Recovery Coaching Available

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Crow Fee
    Participant

Good evening!  I am excited to announce that I have a HAES informed personal trainer joining my practice, and she is available to support clients in the process of healing their relationships with exercise and their bodies.  She will also be offering recovery coaching options to support clients in following their treatment teams’ goals.  Below is a message from Sarah, and you can find out more information here.

Hi, I’m Sarah – a certified personal trainer. I’ve spent the last few years of my life sharing my journey of eating disorder recovery and have learned that many people unfortunately battle the same fight that I did for so many years. But what I’ve also learned is that many people fight this fight alone. I have found a passion in helping men and women learn that there is more to life than their eating disorder shows them, that self love and body love is possible and that it can all be accomplished with a support system on your side.

I hope to use both my education and my personal experience to support men and women in building a better relationship with their bodies but also building a loving relationship with themselves so that they can live a life filled with compassion, love and appreciation for themselves – which is a life I believe every individual deserves.

I offer two types of services to individuals currently in eating disorder recovery. One service is personal training. Although I understand this may not be the right fit for all individuals in recovery, I also understand that some are in the position where healthy movement and building a relationship with their body is fitting. I hope that through personal training I can encourage women and men to love their bodies for what they are capable of, and appreciate them for all that they do for us. Our bodies are the vehicles that carry us through life and provide us a way to experience and enjoy the world we live in. I want to show people that their bodies are worth appreciating at every shape and size, and help them understand that health is possible at any size, and movement is one way to improve our health and wellness. I would work to instill a focus on building strength, comfort and confidence in the body they’re in.

The second service I offer is that of a recovery coach. This service focuses more on the mental strength needed when going through recovery. I learned through my own personal experience that having a support team that understands what you’re going through, and is there to provide encouragement, guidance and answers was pivotal in my continuing my journey through recovery. I offer that guidance and support to my clients through texting services, online question and answer sessions, regular communication around body image, fear foods and recovery struggles, as well as daily email affirmations. This service is meant to be a collaboration with the client’s current treatment plan, and in no way replaces the help of a dietitian, psychologist/psychiatrist or other medical professional. I want to work alongside my clients current team to provide extra care and support when needed and help promote the current plan of their treatment team.

Thank you, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Michelle Fee

713-622-6422

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.