August 28, 2023 at 1:33 pm #3663Veronica RochaParticipant
Central Texas Eating Disorder Specialists (CTEDS) is thrilled to announce our fast-coming daylong, in-person event:
Movement in ED Recovery – Leaving Toxic Fitness Culture Behind
with our very special guest, Ragen Chastain
5 CEUs including 1 hour of Ethics
Exercise rehabilitation in ED recovery is under-studied and not talked about enough, in my humble opinion. Yes, many clients will need to abstain from movement altogether in their recovery process – but what happens when they go back to exercising? How can we arm clients with insight, tools, skills, and and strategies to reduce harm if they remain committed to exercise? And how do we help clients become embodied regardless of whether they choose to move or not? Understanding fitness culture and how to leave it behind forever is invaluable in the work that we do. None of us like this, but fitness culture is everywhere and cannot be avoided. Let’s talk about it!
Please join me and register for this incredible event. This is going to be such a fun and educational day of connection and snacks, including lunch. LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS MONDAY 9/25/23.
About the event:
- Leslie Jordan Garcia will be hosting this event, and starting us off with a chair-based movement activity while speaking about pleasure-based movement in ED recovery.
- Ragen will speak about:
Research around movement (in particular weight-neutral movement)
- HowToxic Fitness Culture can create barriers to people’s ability to develop healthy, positive relationships with movement.
- Tactical strategies to help clients create a healthy relationships with movement in ED recovery
- Tools for ED Specialists to identify internalized (subconscious) diet culture/toxic fitness culture
- Specifics regarding ethics/best practices when incorporating movement in ED treatment
- Format – presentation, activity for participants, Q&A/discussion
- We will have light breakfast options, snacks, beverages, a nice lunch, and plenty of time for networking and connection
Friday September 29th, 2023. The event will be from 8am – 4pm.
The UT Thompson Conference Center
General admission — $175
CTEDS Members — $150
Student — $100
Equity — $50 (Our Equity pricing is for folks who are experiencing both marginalized identities and economic hardship.)
Groups 5+ — $50 off the full ticket price
Proceeds from this event
go to our CTEDS Equitable Treatment Scholarship to provide specialized ED treatment for a person in need every year.
HUGE thank you to our Gold Level sponsor — Within Health
I am so happy to part of the HEDS community and I can’t wait to see you for this incredible event. Email me with any questions – [email protected].
Veronica Rocha, LPC-S
President, Central Texas Eating Disorder Specialists
Owner & Executive Director, Austin Center for Eating Disorders
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.