Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

RD Accepting New Patients

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Carly Janak
    Participant

Hi HEDS Community,

First, I want to start by sharing that I am now accepting new patients, both virtual and in-person at my new office location in Cypress. I’m excited to share that I take Aetna, BCBS, Cigna, and United.

I’ve had the opportunity to meet many of you, and I’m sure there are many more of you I haven’t been able to connect with yet so I thought I’d also introduce myself on here…

My family and I relocated from Austin this summer. My husband and I have 3 year old twins who challenge us in more ways than I knew parenting would (if you’ve ever had 3 year olds you understand). After completing my undergraduate degree and dietetic internship at UT, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to step right into my dream job of working in private practice with an established and successful practice. I have been an RD in private practice with Sparkman Nutrition, specializing in eating disorders, for over 5 years and I’m excited to expand our practice to the Houston area. I work to incorporate Intuitive Eating with all of my clients and feel strongly about being Health at Every Size aligned. I am passionate about helping my clients to feel informed and empowered in their relationships with food and helping them to create sustainable behavior changes that help them, in turn, create fuller and more fulfilling lives. I’ve worked with client’s with both disordered eating and eating disorders ranging in age from 9 years old to into their 70s. While I love getting to connect with clients during individual sessions, some of my favorite work is in a group setting and I hope to get our Overcoming Mind Hunger group running in Houston very soon. This fall actually marks the 30th anniversary of this group running consecutively, which I think speaks volumes to its value, and it’s been an honor to take that group over from Alexa Sparkman.

The Austin eating disorder community and CTEDS have been an essential resource for me, both in developing referral relationships and connecting my clients with resources and also in my professional development and feeling connected and rooted in my professional community, which I’ve found to be essential for my well-being. If we haven’t had the chance to connect yet, I would love to schedule a coffee date or happy hour.

Best and Happy November!

Carly Reed Janak, RDN, LD
    Sparkman Nutrition, LLC
    http://www.SparkmanNutrition.com
    Follow me @carlyj_rd

17774 Cypress Rosehill Road Suite 320
    Cypress, Texas 77429

C: 281-796-3274
    P: 512-257-0898
    F: 512-792-9912

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.