Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

Summer Teen Groups

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all!

I’m excited to announce that I will be facilitating two adolescent groups this summer. Here are the details:

Group 1

Population: adolescents 14+ who are healing their relationships with their body and food

Purpose: We will be exploring concepts such as what it means to trust your own body and how to gain that trust, identifying personal values and exploring how to capitalize on these as part of recovery, and learning practical skills for improving self-worth. We will be focusing more on connecting with one’s body, not solely working on body image. (My intention is that this group will include components to make it also appropriate for clients with ARFID.)

When: Tuesdays 10 AM-10:50 AM, June 4 to August 6

Cost: $100 deposit, which will go towards intake assessment,                                                                                                                                                                          $75 per session

Group 2

Population: Christian adolescents 14+ healing their relationship with their body and food

Purpose: This will be a space to share concerns about their appearance, identify and challenge toxic messages they’ve received about food and body, and develop self-compassion by exploring how God sees them and longs for them to see themselves. We will utilize ACT and CBT as we explore and identify values and begin to implement them in daily life.

When: Wednesdays 1 PM-1:50 PM June 5 to August 7

Cost: $100 deposit, which will go towards intake assessment,                                                                                                                                                                          $75 per session

If interested, please contact Becca Burnett-Khan, LPC by phone (281) 601-4225 or email healinginsightcounseling@gmail.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.