July 15, 2021 at 2:13 pm #3186Morgan SinclairKeymaster
Hello HEDS Members! Below is a message from Gina Mateer and the Weight Inclusive Nutrition and Dietetics (WIND) team about the upcoming TEDD-WIND Conference!
Hi Everyone! I have some exciting news to share! See below for more information and spread the word!
Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2021 TEDD/WIND virtual Inclusivity Conference! September 17th – 21st 2021.
The TEDD-WIND Virtual Inclusivity Conference is here to provide continuing education to registered dietitians, allied health professionals, dietetic and healthcare interns, and students. This conference is focused on weight-inclusive care, addressing the harms of weight stigma and a weight-centric paradigm, while exposing participants to various issues of inclusivity that the profession of dietetics faces.
This is a partnership between Texas Eating Disorder Dietitians (TEDD) founders, Gina Mateer CEDRD-S and Tina Laboy CEDRD-S, and Heather Caplan RD, founder of Weight Inclusive Nutrition and Dietetics (WIND).
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tedd-wind-inclusivity-conference-tickets-155551341249
- Developing an Inclusive Practice; Creating Safe Spaces and Detangling Ourselves from Body Hierarchy and White Supremacy Culture, presented by Dalia Kinsey, RD, LD, SNS
- Supporting Male-Identified Individuals in Healing from Food and Body Image Concerns, presented by Aaron Flores, RDN
- Allyship in Action: Level-Up Your Anti-Racism Work, presented by Mia Harris, M.Ed, RYT and Ashley Acle, LMFT
- Nourishing Queer and Trans Bodies: The Power of Affirming and Inclusive Care, presented by Neathery Falchuk, LCSW-S, CGP
- Cultivating Affirming Gestational Care for Fat and LGBTQ+ Folks, presented by Julia Marotto, Sarah Marotto, RD, CDOE and Shawn Quinn
- Trauma-Informed Nutrition Counseling, presented by Tracy Brown RD, LD
- Best Practices for Clinical Supervision: Getting Our S*&% Together to Advance the Field of Dietetics, presented by Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD-S, LDN, Lisa M. Pearl, MD, RDN, LDN, GCEC, CEDRD-S, and Fiona Sutherland, APD, RYT
- Getting Upstream: Dietetic Interventions in Public Policy Work, moderated by Meghan Cichy, RDN, CD, and presented by Patrilie Hernandez, MS, Whitney Trotter, RDN, LDN, RN, RYT and Tambra Raye Stevenson, MPH
- Confronting Weight Bias in Maternity Care, presented by Jen McLellan
More Conference Details:
WHEN: September 17th – 21st, 2021
WHERE: Online! Pre-recorded webinars, and live Q&As with our speakers during the week of the conference. You will also have access to these recordings of the webinars and Q&As to watch at your convenience for up to 6 months after the live event.
WHAT: Virtual conference focused on weight inclusive practices, social justice in dietetics, professional support and supervision, public health, medical nutrition therapy, and more.
FOR WHOM: ALL allied health professionals, registered dietitians, dietetic interns, and nutrition/healthcare students.
Registration pricing (early bird – ends July 20, 2021): $195 for RDNs and allied health professionals, $99 for students, interns, or as needed.
Additionally: If any of these prices feel out of your range, we have equity pricing available. Please click on the link above to see the available rates.
A portion of the revenue from this event will be donated to Diversify Dietetics.
Thank you to our sponsors! Center for Discovery, Discovery Counseling Austin, and Eating Disorder Jobs.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.