September 2, 2016 at 1:15 pm #1421Beth GarlandParticipant
HEDS community –
There are two upcoming conferences being held locally that focus on work with transition aged youth (ages 14-24 years). Both are organized by our team at Texas Children’s Hospital.
1. Mental Health Collaborative conference will focus on clinically-relevant aspects of working with transition aged youth. Our theme this year is “Creating a Positive Journey in Transition” and, similar to past years, this conference will consider the role of youth and caregiver voice in mental health care.
9am – 5pm
TCH Women’s Pavillion
– free registration and meals
– CEUs available
*** We are also scheduling a provider breakfast as an opportunity for mental health professionals in the area to build a network of providers interested specifically in working with this age range and aiding with referrals between pediatric and adult based care.
2. In collaboration with the Health Care Transition Research Consortium, we are hosting a half day seminar prior to HCTRC’s research conference and Baylor’s Transition Conference. Our half day seminar will focus on the role of transition of care between pediatric and adult based mental health care. This conference is slated to take a more research-practice focus.
McGovern Medical School
– free registration and snacks
– CEUs available
*** We are looking for professionals or graduate students who may have formal or informal research related to adolescents and young adults to present on a panel.
If you are interested in attending, considering presenting, or have additional questions please feel free to contact me at
Beth Garland – [email protected] or 832-822-1793
While eating disorders will not be the specific focus, the topics are relevant to our work, especially since many of us see youth/young adults within this age range and we hope to build a better connection between pediatric and adult based care. We hope you will consider joining us!
Hope everyone enjoys a holiday weekend!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.